Cucumber Potato Soup
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1 tbs of fresh dill, chopped or 1 tsp dried dill
This is super simple soup to prepare. Potatoes and cucumbers are natural partners and their flavors are brought out with the flavor of dill.
- In a large sauce pan cook the potatoes in salted water until very soft.
- Place a sieve over a large bowl.
- Pour the potatoes and liquid through the bowl and force the potatoes through.
- Return the mixture through the sauce pan.
- Stir in the cucumber, white pepper, cream, milk and onion.
- Simmer gently for about 5 minutes or until cucumbers are tender.
- Add dill, taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot or cold.