Cucumber Potato Soup
|4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 cups water|
|1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced|
|1/4 tsp white pepper|
|1 cup heavy cream|
|1/2 cup milk|
|1 scallion, sliced|
|1 tbs of fresh dill, chopped or 1 tsp dried dill|
This is super simple soup to prepare. Potatoes and cucumbers are natural partners and their flavors are brought out with the flavor of dill.
- In a large sauce pan cook the potatoes in salted water until very soft.
- Place a sieve over a large bowl.
- Pour the potatoes and liquid through the bowl and force the potatoes through.
- Return the mixture through the sauce pan.
- Stir in the cucumber, white pepper, cream, milk and onion.
- Simmer gently for about 5 minutes or until cucumbers are tender.
- Add dill, taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot or cold.