Easy Onion Custard
|2 slices of bacon|
|3 cups of onions, sliced and quartered|
|2 cups evaporated milk|
|1/3 cup water|
|1 tsp of salt and pepper each|
|1 tsp dill weed|
This is great dish that goes well with chicken or turkey. 6 Servings.
- Fry bacon, drain on paper towels and crumble.
- Pour all but 1 tbs of bacon fat from skillet.
- Add the onions and 1 cup of water and cook for 10 minutes. Drain.
- In a mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Stir in bacon and onions.
- Pour into a 1 and 1/2 qt casserole dish.
- Set the dish in a pan of water and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 50 minutes or until custard is set.