- 1/2 lb of firm white fish and or shrimp, chopped into piece.
- juice from 4 limes (about 1/2 cup)
- zest from 1 lime
- 2 tbs red onion, chopped
- 1 tbs cilantro
- 1 hot chili pepper
- 1 tbs ketchup.
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is a classic ceviche that is commonly served in Ecuador. The big difference in this version is that it is served with ketchup.
- Add the fish and or shrimp to the lime juice.
- Refrigerate for several hours.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in attractive dishes with a small scoop of ketchup.