|1/2 lb of firm white fish and or shrimp, chopped into piece.|
|juice from 4 limes (about 1/2 cup)|
|zest from 1 lime|
|2 tbs red onion, chopped|
|1 tbs cilantro|
|1 hot chili pepper|
|1 tbs ketchup.|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This is a classic ceviche that is commonly served in Ecuador. The big difference in this version is that it is served with ketchup.
- Add the fish and or shrimp to the lime juice.
- Refrigerate for several hours.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in attractive dishes with a small scoop of ketchup.