Fish Cakes with Thai Salsa
|2 (14 oz) cans diced tomatoes|
|2/3 cups sliced scallions, divided|
|1 tbs fresh ginger,grated|
|1 tsp red pepper flakes|
|2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed|
|2/3 cup cilantro, chopped|
|2 lbs cooked salmon or halibut,flaked|
|2 eggs beaten|
|1/2 cup dry bread crumbs|
|1/4 cup mayonnase|
|2 tbs butter|
|Kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|Salad greens for serving (optional)|
To cook fish for this recipe, place the fish in a micro-wave safe dish. Cover and cook on high for 7 to 9 minutes, turning once until fish flakes easily.
- In a skillet, combine tomatoes with liquid, 1/2 cup onions, ginger and red pepper flakes.
- Cook uncovered, over high heat until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Add cilantro, cool and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine fish, eggs, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, remaining scallions and 1/3 cup of the salsa mixture.
- Season with pepper.
- Form mixture into 16 patties.
- In a saute pan, melt butter over medium low heat and cook patties for about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Serve over greens if desired.
- Top with remaining salsa.