Green Beans with Sour Cream and Bacon
|1 lb of cut fresh green beans|
|1/4 cup chopped onions|
|3 tbs butter|
|2 tbs flour|
|2 tbs sugar|
|2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
|3/4 cup milk|
|2 tbs vinegar|
|1 cup sour cream|
|4 slices bacon, diced cooked and drained on paper towels|
This is a super simple creamy green beans side dish.
- Cook beans in boiling slated water until tender. about 10 minutes.
- Cook onion in butter until soft and transparent.
- Blend in flour, sugar, parsley and milk.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and comes to a boil.
- Stir in the vinegar.
- Add cooked beans and sour cream.
- Place over low heat, stirring occasionally. Do not boil.
- Serve at once topped with bacon.