Honey-Glazed Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Spread
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and seeded
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 3 tbs honey
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp dried basil, crushed
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 whole lettuce leaves
- 4 oz goat cheese
- Toasted baguette slices
This is wonderful relish served with goat cheese and crusty bread.
- Thinly slice the red pepper.
- Saute the pepper, onion and garlic in a little olive oil until they are tender. About 6 minutes
- Add the honey,vinegar, basil, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium high heat until glazed.
- Serve on lettuce lined plates with goat cheese and toasted baguettes.