Honey-Glazed Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Spread
|1 red bell pepper, cored and seeded|
|1/4 cup thinly sliced onion|
|2 cloves garlic, crushed|
|1 tbs olive oil|
|3 tbs honey|
|2 tbs red wine vinegar|
|2 tsp dried basil, crushed|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 whole lettuce leaves|
|4 oz goat cheese|
|Toasted baguette slices|
This is wonderful relish served with goat cheese and crusty bread.
- Thinly slice the red pepper.
- Saute the pepper, onion and garlic in a little olive oil until they are tender. About 6 minutes
- Add the honey,vinegar, basil, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium high heat until glazed.
- Serve on lettuce lined plates with goat cheese and toasted baguettes.