- 4 (6 oz) salmon fillets, skin on
- 1/4 cup of bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup of snow peas, ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup of carrots, cut into thin strips
- kosher salt
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- 3 tbs sake
- 3 tbs mirin
- 1 tbs plus 2 tsp super fine sugar
Salmon Teriyaki is a well known Japanese dish which is a sweet teriyaki glaze for marinating the salmon.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce, except for the 2 tsp of sugar. Add to a pan and heat to dissolve sugar.
- Remove and cool for 1 hour.
- Place fish in a dish and pour over the sauce and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Boil the vegetables in salted water. First add the bean sprouts and after 1 minute add the snow peas and after another minute add the carrots. Drain
- Preheat the oven broiler to medium heat.
- Take the salmon out of the sauce and pat dry. Reserve the sauce.
- Cook the salmon for 6 minutes, turning once until golden on both sides
- Pour the sauce into the pan and add the remaining sugar and heat until dissolved.
- Brush the salmon with the sauce, then grill until the surface on the fish bubbles.
- Turn over and repeat on the other side of the salmon.
- Serve with the vegetables with the salmon and spoon over the rest of the sauce.