- 1/2 lb Scallops
- 2 tbs dry sherry
- 1/2 tsp white sugar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 6 slices of bacon cut in half
- 6 water chestnuts, sliced
- 1 scallion, cut into 1 inch pieces
This a a great appetizer that you can put together in about 15 minutes. Scallops are marinated then wrapped in bacon and put onto toothpicks along with water chestnuts and scallions and a honey glaze.
- In a bowl, stir together the sugar, honey and sherry.
- Add the scallops, mix well and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Remove the scallops from marinate, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Center the scallop on a slice of water chestnut and a slice of scallion atop a piece of bacon.
- Wrap and secure with a toothpick.
- Place the wrapped scallops on a baking pan and broil for 10 minutes or until bacon is golden and cooked.