Scallop Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizers
|1/2 lb Scallops|
|2 tbs dry sherry|
|1/2 tsp white sugar|
|1 tsp honey|
|1/2 tsp salt|
|1/2 tsp black pepper|
|6 slices of bacon cut in half|
|6 water chestnuts, sliced|
|1 scallion, cut into 1 inch pieces|
This a a great appetizer that you can put together in about 15 minutes. Scallops are marinated then wrapped in bacon and put onto toothpicks along with water chestnuts and scallions and a honey glaze.
- In a bowl, stir together the sugar, honey and sherry.
- Add the scallops, mix well and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Remove the scallops from marinate, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Center the scallop on a slice of water chestnut and a slice of scallion atop a piece of bacon.
- Wrap and secure with a toothpick.
- Place the wrapped scallops on a baking pan and broil for 10 minutes or until bacon is golden and cooked.