Thanksgiving Leftover Casserole
|3 tbs butter|
|1 cup cooked diced turkey meat|
|1 (12oz) can of evaporated milk|
|1 cup water|
|1/2 tsp onion powder|
|1/2 tsp garlic powder|
|2 tbs butter|
|1 cup finely crushed herb seasoned bread stuffing mix|
|1 cup shredded cheddar cheese|
|2 cups leftover mashed potatoes|
This casserole is super simple and delicious. It uses left over turkey,mashed potatoes, and cheese in a savory sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a oven proof baking dish.
- Melt 3 tbs butter in a sauce pan over low heat.
- Blend flour.
- Slowly stir in evaporated milk and water.
- Season with salt, pepper onion and garlic powder.
- Stir sauce over low heat for 5 minutes.
- In a separate sauce pan over low heat, melt 2 tbs butter.
- Blend in the dry stuffing mix.
- Place the turkey in the prepared baking dish and pour the sauce over then sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Spread mashed potatoes over cheese.
- Top ashed potatoes with the stuffing mixture.
- Bake at 45 minutes in the in a 350 degree oven.