Tomato Dill Bisque
|2 medium onions|
|1 garlic cloves minced|
|2 tbs butter|
|2 lbs tomatoes, peeled and chopped|
|1/2 cup water|
|1 cup chicken broth|
|1 tsp sugar|
|1 tsp dill weed|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
When fresh ripe tomatoes are plentiful this is a perfect seasonal soup.
- In a large sauce pan, saute the onions and garlic in a little butter until soft.
- Add tomatoes, water, broth, sugar and seasonings.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Puree in blender or food processor.
- Return to sauce pan.
- Note: if a creamy soup is desired add 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Cook and stir over low heat until heated through.