Turkey Wild Rice Ragu
- 2 cups cooked turkey, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 cups of turkey or chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups light cream
- 1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is a super delicious soup that can be made with fresh or left over turkey meat. 10 servings. (3 quarts)
- In a large sauce pan, saute the onion, celery and carrots in butter, until the onions are transparent.
- Reduce heat, and blend in the flour and stir constantly until slightly tan and bubbly.
- Gradually add in broth while stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat and add the wild rice, cream, turkey and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, or until reduced by half.