Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps
|1 lb of beef tenderloin cut into thin strips|
|1/2 cup of Teriyaki sauce.|
|1 tbs canola oil|
|6 large leaves of iceberg lettuce|
|1 large carrot, peeled and cut into julienne|
|1 (8 oz) can of water chestnuts, drained|
|1 lb of bean sprouts|
|1/4 cup peanuts (optional)|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
Crunchy and delicious full of Asian flavors.
- Slice the tenderloin in to thin strips.
- In a large zip lock back add the pork and Teriyaki sauce.
- Marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Remove the beef from the bag and discard the marinade.
- In a saute pan using high heat saute the pork, stirring constantly for about 3 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- Fill the lettuce leaves with equal amounts of carrots, water chestnuts, bean sprouts and pork.
- Season with salt and pepper.