- 1 lb of beef tenderloin cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup of Teriyaki sauce.
- 1 tbs canola oil
- 6 large leaves of iceberg lettuce
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into julienne
- 1 (8 oz) can of water chestnuts, drained
- 1 lb of bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup peanuts (optional)
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Crunchy and delicious full of Asian flavors.
- Slice the tenderloin in to thin strips.
- In a large zip lock back add the pork and Teriyaki sauce.
- Marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Remove the beef from the bag and discard the marinade.
- In a saute pan using high heat saute the pork, stirring constantly for about 3 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- Fill the lettuce leaves with equal amounts of carrots, water chestnuts, bean sprouts and pork.
- Season with salt and pepper.