Bacon and Egg Skillet Breakfast
|1 lb of bacon|
|1 small onion, chopped|
|1 cup milk|
|10 eggs, beaten|
|kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 tsp oregano|
|1 (15 oz) can of diced tomatoes, drained|
|2 cups of cheese, shredded (cheddar or jack)|
|fresh parsley for garnish|
This is a homey hearty breakfast of bacon, eggs, tomatoes and cheddar cheese that will serve a crowd.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop the bacon and fry in a large skillet
- Remove bacon and set aside and drain on paper towels.
- Drain most of the fat from the pan and add the onions and saute until almost soft.
- In a mixing bowl beat the milk into the eggs and season with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Add the bacon and tomatoes and onions to the eggs. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the same skillet and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until done.