- 4 cans of water packed chestnuts (about 4 lbs) drained and chopped into pieces
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 4 cups celery chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 6 cups day old white bread cubes
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/4 cup white wine
This is a wonderful stuffing that is great with poultry. Enough to stuff a 12 lb turkey.
- Add butter to a hot saute pan and saute the celery and onion until tender.
- In a large bowl add the cubed bread, chestnuts and parsley.
- Add the celery and onion mixture.
- Season with salt, pepper, thyme and sage.
- Combine the cream and wine and mix well.
- Add to the bread mixture,
- Gently mix well.
- May be used to stuff a bird or it may be cook separately in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.