|4 cans of water packed chestnuts (about 4 lbs) drained and chopped into pieces|
|1/2 cup butter|
|1 cup onion, minced|
|4 cups celery chopped|
|1/4 cup chopped parsley|
|6 cups day old white bread cubes|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 tsp dried sage|
|1 tsp dried thyme|
|1/4 cup cream|
|1/4 cup white wine|
This is a wonderful stuffing that is great with poultry. Enough to stuff a 12 lb turkey.
- Add butter to a hot saute pan and saute the celery and onion until tender.
- In a large bowl add the cubed bread, chestnuts and parsley.
- Add the celery and onion mixture.
- Season with salt, pepper, thyme and sage.
- Combine the cream and wine and mix well.
- Add to the bread mixture,
- Gently mix well.
- May be used to stuff a bird or it may be cook separately in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.