|4 large boneless chicken breasts|
|1 lb fresh spinach, stems removed, coarsely chopped|
|1/2 cup sour cream|
|1 small onion, minced|
|1/4 tsp nutmeg|
|3 tbs butter|
|1 tsp paprika|
|1 tsp sage|
|1 tsp thyme|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 tbs lemon juice|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This is a wonderful dish of chicken served on a bead of creamy spinach.
- Steam spinach until wilted. Allow to cool slightly and squeeze some of the water from the spinach.
- In a large bowl mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream mayonnaise, onion and nutmeg.
- Add the spinach, mix well and spread the mixture on the bottom of a (9X13) shallow baking dish.
- Melt butter in a saute pan using medium heat.
- Add the sage, thyme, garlic and paprika. Stir sauce until mixed well.
- Add the chicken to the pan and brown on both sides. About 3 minutes per side.
- Place the chicken in the baking dish atop of the spinach.
- Pour the skilled drippings over the chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper and some lemon juice.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until chicken has cooked through.