Chocolate Chiffon Cake
- 2 cups flour
- 1 and 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 7 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 3 ozs semisweet chocolate, coarsely grated
Soft melt in your mouth and full of chocolate flavor.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and add oil, egg yolks, cold water and vanilla.
- Combine mixture and beat until smooth.
- Beat egg whites until very stiff.
- Beat in cream of tartar.
- Gently fold egg whites into cake mixture.
- Fold grated chocolate into batter.
- Pour batter into greased ring/tube pan.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 55 minutes, then reduce heat and bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Immediately turn pan upside down and cool.