Chocolate Chiffon Cake
|2 cups flour|
|1 and 3/4 cups sugar|
|3 tsp baking powder|
|1 tsp salt|
|1/2 cup canola oil|
|7 eggs, separated|
|3/4 cup cold water|
|2 tsp vanilla extract|
|1/2 tsp cream of tartar|
|3 ozs semisweet chocolate, coarsely grated|
Soft melt in your mouth and full of chocolate flavor.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and add oil, egg yolks, cold water and vanilla.
- Combine mixture and beat until smooth.
- Beat egg whites until very stiff.
- Beat in cream of tartar.
- Gently fold egg whites into cake mixture.
- Fold grated chocolate into batter.
- Pour batter into greased ring/tube pan.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 55 minutes, then reduce heat and bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Immediately turn pan upside down and cool.