Chesapeake Bay Oyster Stew
|2 pints of select oysters, with liquor|
|1/4 cup of unsalted butter|
|pinch of salt pinch of white pepper|
|1/2 tsp celery salt|
|2 cups light cream|
|1 cup milk|
|2 tsp parsley, chopped|
|oyster crackers, for serving|
This is classic Chesapeake Bay comfort food that is best served in fall in winter.
- Drain the oysters and reserve the liquid
- Heat butter in a large sauce pan.
- Add the celery salt, pepper, cream and milk and 2/3 cup of the oyster liquor.
- Cook on medium low heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the oysters and cook just until the edges of the oysters begin to curl. About 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve in bowls, garnished with parsley and oyster crackers.