- 1 lb of country sausage meat
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 10 cups fresh bread crumbs
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tbs of rubbed sage
- 1 egg, beaten
This is a super savory stuffing that is a perfect foil for turkey or chicken.
- Cook sausage meat in a large saute pan until lightly browned.
- Remove with a slotted spoon reserving several tbs of the drippings.
- In the same pan saute the onion, celery and green pepper until tender. About 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add bread crumbs to a large bowl and add the sauted vegetables, sage and beaten egg.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Use as a stuffing or cook in a baking pan for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.