Country Sausage and Sage Stuffing
|1 lb of country sausage meat|
|1 cup chopped onion|
|2 cups celery, chopped|
|1 cup green pepper, chopped|
|10 cups fresh bread crumbs|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 tbs of rubbed sage|
|1 egg, beaten|
This is a super savory stuffing that is a perfect foil for turkey or chicken.
- Cook sausage meat in a large saute pan until lightly browned.
- Remove with a slotted spoon reserving several tbs of the drippings.
- In the same pan saute the onion, celery and green pepper until tender. About 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add bread crumbs to a large bowl and add the sauted vegetables, sage and beaten egg.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Use as a stuffing or cook in a baking pan for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.