|1/2 lb of lump crab meat|
|1/2 lb of cream cheese, softened|
|dash of soy sauce|
|2 cloves garlic, finely minced|
|3 scallions, chopped|
|1 tsp ginger, powdered|
|1 package of Wonton skins (available in Asian markets)|
|2 egg yolks, slightly beaten|
Simple and delicious appetizer that is good served with a variety of dipping sauces.
- Combine crab meat, cream cheese, soy sauce garlic, scallions and ginger. Gently mix well.
- Place about 1 tsp of mixture on each wonton square. (less is more)
- Fold into triangles and brush inside edges with the egg yolk and seal the wonton tightly, taking care to remove air for the package.
- Heat 3 to 4 inch of oil in a large sauce pan or deep fryer. Bring oil temp to 350 to 360 degrees.
- Add wontons a few at a time and fry for about 30 seconds or until golden brown.
- Remove wontons and drain on a wire rack and serve.
- Note: It is preferable to drain fried foods on a wire rack rather than on paper towels. Your food will retain its crispiness longer.