Cream of Brie Soup
|1 lb of brie cheese, rind removed|
|1/2 cup onion, minced|
|1/2 cup celery, sliced|
|4 tbs unsalted butter|
|1/4 cup flour|
|2 cups milk|
|2 cups chicken stock|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|parsley or chives for garnish|
This soup is very silky with wonderful cheesy flavor.
- In a stock pot, saute the onion and celery in the butter until tender.
- Stir in the flour to make a light roux, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to very low and slowly stir in the milk and chicken stock, using a whisk to insure the mixture is smooth.
- Raise the heat to medium and stir until the soup thickens.
- Cut the brie into cubes and add to the soup and stir constantly until the cheese melts.
- Taste, then season with salt and pepper to taste
- Serve at once with crusty bread and top with parsley or chives.