Creamy Shrimp Creole
- l lb of large shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
- 1 and 1/2 cups cooked rice
Shrimp Creole style, with a super savory sauce.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large onion,minced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (28) can of plum tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 tbs butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tbs parsley for garnish
- Cook shrimp in boiling water for about 3 minutes, cool, remove shells and devein.
- Cook 1 and 1/2 cups of rice. Set aside.
- For the tomato sauce, saute the garlic in olive oil.
- Add the onions, celery and green pepper and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Crush the tomatoes and add to the mixture.
- Add the bay leaf.
- Simmer partially covered for about 30 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- For the white sauce, melt butter in a sauce pan, whisk in flour and stir constantly for about 1 minute.
- Slowly add the milk while whisking.
- Cook using medium low heat until sauce thickens.
- Combine the tomato and white sauce and blend well.
- Add the shrimp and heat through.
- Serve over cooked rice and garnish with parsley.