Fish Veloute Sauce
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fish stock
- 2 shallots, minced
- kosher salt and white pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Veloute sauce is one of the 4 French “Mother Sauces”. It is a reduction of shallots, white wine, cream and some form of stock which can be beef, chicken or fish. This sauce is perfect to drizzle over fish, shrimp or most any seafood.
- In a sauce pan reduce wine and shallots until almost dry.
- Add cream and reduce by 1/3.
- Season to taste and pass through a wire mesh strainer.
- Serve draped of seafood.
- May be stored in refrigerator until ready to use.