Jicama Salad with Raspberry Sesame Vinaigrette
- 1 large Jicama, peeled and cut into julienne
- 3 bunches of watercress, large stems removed
- 1/2 cup raspberry vinaigrette
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbs onion, minced
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tsp black sesame seeds
A delicious crunchy salad with Jicama, watercress and pecans,dressed in a wonderful raspberry vinaigrette.
- Mix in sugar, vinegar, mustard salt and onion in a blender.
- With the blender running, slowly add the oil in a thin stream until dressing thickens.
- Stir in sesame seeds.
- Dressing may be stored refrigerated in a jar.
- Add salad ingredients to a large bowl and dress with about 1/2 cup of the dressing.
- Gently toss the salad.