- 2 lbs of mixed mushrooms (button, cremini, shitake etc.) coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 package of herb stuffing mix (8oz)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp sage
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
- 1 tsp thyme
This stuffing uses a combination of mushrooms married with a herb stuffing.
- Add butter to a saute pan using medium high heat. Saute the mushrooms and onions, stirring frequently. About 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing mix, chicken stock, parsley, oregano, parsley, sage, salt and pepper.
- Add the sauteed mushrooms and pan drippings.
- Gently mix well.
- Use to stuff a bird or it may be cooked separately in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.