|2 pints of select oysters|
|1/2 cup butter|
|1 cup onion, minced|
|1 cup celery, minced|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 tsp thyme|
|1 tbs parsley, chopped|
|1 tsp garlic powder|
|1 and 1/2 cups day old bread cut into cubes|
This is a classic oyster stuffing that is perfect for a holiday gathering. Enough to stuff a 12 lb turkey.
- In a large saute pan using medium high heat saute the onion and celery until tender. About 5 minutes.
- Add the thyme, garlic powder and parsley and cook for another minute.
- Add the bread crumbs and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the oysters and reserve the liquid.
- Add the oysters to the bread mixture and mix well.
- In a bowl add about 1/2 cup of the oyster liquid along with the egg and beat until smooth.
- Add the the bread mixture and gently mix well.
- Taste for seasoning.
- You may use the stuffing inside of the bird or you may cook separately in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.