Provincial Style Scallops
- 1 lb of scallops, cut into quarters
- 3 tbs butter
- 8 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large tomato, peeled seeded and chopped
- 3 shallots, minced
- 1 tbs chopped parsley
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup flour
These scallops are prepared in the French Provencal style with tomatoes mushrooms and garlic.
- Saute mushrooms in butter.
- Add tomato, shallots, parsley, garlic, thyme and wine.
- Simmer for 5 to 8 minutes to reduce sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Dredge scallops in flour and saute quickly over high heat until golden on all sides. About 5 minutes.
- Place scallops in individual ramekins or scallop shells.
- Spoon sauce over scallops and garnish with parsley.