Provincial Style Scallops
|1 lb of scallops, cut into quarters|
|3 tbs butter|
|8 button mushrooms, sliced|
|1 large tomato, peeled seeded and chopped|
|3 shallots, minced|
|1 tbs chopped parsley|
|1 tsp thyme|
|1/4 cup dry white wine|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|4 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|1/2 cup flour|
These scallops are prepared in the French Provencal style with tomatoes mushrooms and garlic.
- Saute mushrooms in butter.
- Add tomato, shallots, parsley, garlic, thyme and wine.
- Simmer for 5 to 8 minutes to reduce sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Dredge scallops in flour and saute quickly over high heat until golden on all sides. About 5 minutes.
- Place scallops in individual ramekins or scallop shells.
- Spoon sauce over scallops and garnish with parsley.