- 4 cups of fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 and 1/2 cups water
- 5 whole cloves
- 5 whole allspice berries
- 2 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks
- 3 cups sugar
This is great side that goes well with poultry.
- If using fresh cranberries, remove stems and wash. If using frozen, thaw.
- Add cranberries to a large sauce pan and and 1 and 1/2 cups of water.
- Tie the spices in a small cheese cloth bag and add the cranberries.
- Cook covered over medium heat until cranberries burst. About 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and discard the cheesecloth bag.
- Stir in sugar and cook stirring over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Cool at room temperature then refrigerate covered.
- Serve cold.