|4 cups of fresh or frozen cranberries|
|1 and 1/2 cups water|
|5 whole cloves|
|5 whole allspice berries|
|2 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks|
|3 cups sugar|
This is great side that goes well with poultry.
- If using fresh cranberries, remove stems and wash. If using frozen, thaw.
- Add cranberries to a large sauce pan and and 1 and 1/2 cups of water.
- Tie the spices in a small cheese cloth bag and add the cranberries.
- Cook covered over medium heat until cranberries burst. About 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and discard the cheesecloth bag.
- Stir in sugar and cook stirring over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Cool at room temperature then refrigerate covered.
- Serve cold.