Spicy Indian Curry Soup
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- 1 cup cream
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tbs of curry powder
- 2 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 tsp coriander
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbs flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs dry sherry
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Cilantro leaves for garnish.
This soup is full of the flavors of India.
- Saute the onion in butter over low heat until the onions are tender. About 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and saute for another 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Allow the mixture to cool then add it to a blender or food processor.
- Add the stock curry, ginger , coriander, nutmeg, garlic and egg.
- Return the mixture to the pan and over medium heat add in the cream and sherry and heat through.
- Do not boil.
- Taste, and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves.