Spicy Indian Curry Soup
|3 cups of chicken stock|
|1 cup cream|
|1 medium onion, chopped|
|1 tbs of curry powder|
|2 tsp fresh ginger|
|1 tsp coriander|
|2 cloves garlic minced|
|1/4 tsp nutmeg|
|2 tbs flour|
|1 tbs dry sherry|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|Cilantro leaves for garnish.|
This soup is full of the flavors of India.
- Saute the onion in butter over low heat until the onions are tender. About 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and saute for another 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Allow the mixture to cool then add it to a blender or food processor.
- Add the stock curry, ginger , coriander, nutmeg, garlic and egg.
- Return the mixture to the pan and over medium heat add in the cream and sherry and heat through.
- Do not boil.
- Taste, and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves.