Spicy Italian Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
|1/2 lb Italian hot sausage, casing removed and crumbled|
|30 large button mushrooms|
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|1 cup Italian bread crumbs|
|1 (6 oz) can tomato paste|
|2 cloves garlic, crushed|
|1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for topping|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
This is a super simple delicious appetizer. These mushrooms are stuffed with spicy sausage, bread crumbs, garlic and Parmesan cheese/
- In a saute pan, cook sausage until lightly browned. Drain and set aside
- Rub mushroom caps with olive oil.
- Combine sausage, bread crumbs, tomato paste, garlic and cheese. Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the mushroom caps with the mixture.
- Coat a shallow baking dish with olive oil.
- Place mushrooms in dish.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese and any remaining olive oil.
- Bake a preheated 375 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes until mushrooms are just tender.