- 1/2 lb Italian hot sausage, casing removed and crumbled
- 30 large button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for topping
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
This is a super simple delicious appetizer. These mushrooms are stuffed with spicy sausage, bread crumbs, garlic and Parmesan cheese/
- In a saute pan, cook sausage until lightly browned. Drain and set aside
- Rub mushroom caps with olive oil.
- Combine sausage, bread crumbs, tomato paste, garlic and cheese. Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the mushroom caps with the mixture.
- Coat a shallow baking dish with olive oil.
- Place mushrooms in dish.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese and any remaining olive oil.
- Bake a preheated 375 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes until mushrooms are just tender.