Sweet Potato Pecan Stuffing
|4 cups of mashed, cooked sweet potatoes|
|1 cup butter|
|3 cups onion, minced|
|2 cups celery, minced|
|2 cups pecans, chopped|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|2 tsp thyme|
|1 tsp oregano|
|1 tsp sage|
|1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper|
|8 cups day old bread, cut into cubes|
This is wonderful twist on classic stuffing the uses sweet potatoes. Enough for a 12 lb turkey.
- Cook sweet potatoes in a hot oven and add to a large bowl and mash.
- Add 1/2 cup of butter and mix until smooth.
- Add the remaining butter to a large saute pan and saute the onions and celery and cook until the vegetables are soft. About 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetables to the sweet potatoes along with the pecans, thyme, oregano, salt, pepper and sage.
- Add the bread crumbs and gently mix well.
- May be used to stuff a turkey or cook separately in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.