Sweet Potato Pecan Stuffing
- 4 cups of mashed, cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups onion, minced
- 2 cups celery, minced
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 8 cups day old bread, cut into cubes
This is wonderful twist on classic stuffing the uses sweet potatoes. Enough for a 12 lb turkey.
- Cook sweet potatoes in a hot oven and add to a large bowl and mash.
- Add 1/2 cup of butter and mix until smooth.
- Add the remaining butter to a large saute pan and saute the onions and celery and cook until the vegetables are soft. About 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetables to the sweet potatoes along with the pecans, thyme, oregano, salt, pepper and sage.
- Add the bread crumbs and gently mix well.
- May be used to stuff a turkey or cook separately in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.