|4 cups ap flour|
|2 cups wheat flour|
|1 package dry yeast|
|2 cups warm water|
|4 tsp salt|
This delicious bread is served every where in Syria. It may be used as pocket bread or torn to pick up savory.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add the remaining ingredients
- Knead until smooth. About 5 minutes
- Place in a lightly greased bowl, turning to coat.
- Cover with a damp towel and let rise in a warm place until dough has doubled. About 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into 10 large or 20 small balls.
- Place on a tray and let rise again. About 30 minutes.
- Roll out each ball into a circle.
- Bake at 450 degrees directly on oven racks for 4 minutes,
- Bread will inflate while cooking and deflate when it cools.