|8 oz of tuna steak, sliced in half on the parallel|
|2 egg yolks|
|2 tsp lemon juice|
|1 tsp each of fresh, basil, tarragon and parsley|
|1/2 tsp minced ginger|
|1/2 tsp minced garlic|
|2 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|lemon wedges for squeezing|
|1 hard boiled egg, minced finely|
The key to this recipe is to use the freshest sushi grade tuna available.
- Cut the tuna steak in half on the parallel.
- You will will have 2 pieces.
- Place each piece between plastic wrap and pound with a mallet or pan until very thin. Take care not to break tuna.
- Add tuna slices (4) between four attractive chilled plates.
- Whisk together egg yolks and lemon juice.
- Stir in fresh herbs, ginger, garlic and olive oil.
- Cover each slice of tuna with about 1 tbs of the sauce,
- Garnish the plates with lemon wedges and capers, and minced hard boiled egg if desired.