|4 veal cutlets about (6 oz) each|
|2 tbs unsalted butter|
|1/4 cup Marsala wine|
|1/2 lb button mushrooms, sliced|
|4 tbs heavy cream|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|lemon juice to taste|
|1 tsp olive oil|
|parsley for garnish|
|lemon wedges for garnish|
This classic veal dish goes well with pasta.
- Place veal cutlets between several sheets of plastic wrap and pound it with a meat mallet or heavy pan until about (1/8 inch) thin.
- In a large saute pan add the olive oil and butter and using medium heat brown the cutlets. About 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and set aside. Add the mushrooms and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the Marsala to the pan and using a wooden spoon scrape away all of the brown bits.
- Add the cream and whisk until sauce comes together.
- Allow sauce to reduce for several minutes then season with salt and pepper along with a little lemon juice.
- Return veal to pan and heat through.
- Serve with pasta, spooning some of the extra sauce over the pasta.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges.