Avocado Humus Dip
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 (15 oz) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbs tahini
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and finely minced
- 1/2 small red onion, minced
- 3 tbs of cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbs cumin
- juice from 2 limes
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is wonderful spin on guacamole and traditional humus.
- Peel avocados and remove seeds.
- Cut into chunks and add to a food processor.
- Add the lime juice and chickpeas and process until smooth.
- Add all other ingredients and process until mixed well.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with pita wedges or chips.