Bacon and Egg Skillet
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 9 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 (15oz) can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups shredded jack cheese
This is delicious home style one pot breakfast. A cast iron skillet is the perfect vehicle to cook this dish in.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Fry the bacon in a large cast iron skillet.
- Remove the bacon and set aside to drain on paper towels.
- Drain most of the fat from the pan and add the onions and cook until soft.
- In a large bowl beat the milk into the eggs and season with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Crumble the bacon and add it to the bowl along with the tomatoes and onions.
- Pour into the same skillet and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes until eggs are cook and cheese is golden and bubbly.