Beef “California Roll” Salad
|3 boneless beef top loin (strip) steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick about 1/2 lb each|
|1/3 cup hoisin sauce|
|1/4 cup pomegranate juice|
|2 tbs minced garlic|
|2 tbs minced fresh ginger|
|1 tbs sesame oil|
|1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper|
|2 tsp wasabi paste|
|1 tsp pomegranate juice|
|1 English cucumber, thinly sliced|
|1 tbs mayonnaise|
|1 and 1/2 tsp minced fresh ginger|
|2 cups matchstick carrots|
|1 tbs toasted sesame seeds|
|1 avocado diced|
|1/2 cup fresh pomegranate seeds|
A delicious beef salad seasoned with hoisin sauce, ginger, sesame oil and wasabi paste.
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Place beef steaks and marinade in a resealable plastic bag.
- Turn steaks to coat.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Prepare wasabi cucumbers. Combine wasabi paste and pomegranate juice in a bowl. Add the cucumbers and toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove steaks from marinade and discard the marinade.
- Place the steaks on a hot charcoal grill and grill for 7 to 10 minutes, turning once until desired donenesss is achieved.
- Carve the steaks into thin slices.
- Place the cucumbers and carrots side by side on plate and top with beef.
- Top steaks with avocado and pomegranate seeds and sprinkle with sesame seeds.