Beer Marinated Pork Steak
|6 pork blade steaks (1/2-3/4 inch thick)|
|2 tbs canola oil|
|4 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 small white onion, chopped|
|2 cups rice|
|4 plum tomatoes, chopped|
|2 jalapeno chilies, minced|
|1 cup beer|
|2 cups chicken broth|
|fresh cilantro chopped|
Blade pork steaks are an underused cut of pork but if cooked correctly they are not only economical but delicious. This recipe is courtesy of www.porkbeinspired.com
- Heat oil in a large skillet, add pork.
- Sear pork on both sides using medium high heat just until brown. About 1 minute on each side.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from skillet and cover loosely with foil.
- Add garlic and onions to skilled and cook and stir until tender, about 2 minutes,scraping up brown bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Add rice, stir constantly until rice just begins to brown, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, jalapeno chilies, beer and broth or water.
- Bring to a boil, and cover.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place pork on top of rice, cover and simmer for 8 or p minutes until internal temperature reads 145 degrees.
- Let stand for 3-5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.