California Chicken and Olive Salad
- 2 cups cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into think strips or chunks
- 1 cup ripe olives, cut into wedges
- 1 avocado, cut into wedges, and sprinkled with lemon juice
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 green bell pepper cut into strips
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 4 to 5 jarred roasted red peppers, cut into strips
- 4 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbs sugar
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
This salad uses juicy chicken with ripe olives, pimentos, red onions, avocado and green peppers served atop crisp lettuce.
- Combine ingredients and hold aside avocado.
- Cover and chill.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well. Refrigerate
- Just before serving add avocados, shake dressing and pour over salad.
- Toss lightly and top with chicken Strips.