Chinese Pork and Walnuts
|1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into (1 inch) cubes|
|1 tbs water|
|1 tsp cornstarch|
|1 egg white|
|3 tbs soy sauce|
|1 tbs rum|
|1/2 tsp sugar|
|6 scallions cut into 2 inch pieces|
|1 can of sliced water chestnuts, drained|
|1 tsp fresh ginger, grated|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|3/4 cups chopped walnuts|
- Mix cornstarch, water and egg white.
- Add pork and toss until thoroughly coated.
- Combine soy sauce, rum, sugar and set aside.
- Heat a saute pan or wok until very hot using high heat.
- Add 2 tbs of oil and stir fry pork for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently until cooked through.
- Remove from pan.
- Add remaining 2 tbs of oil to pan and stir fry scallions and water chestnuts, ginger and garlic for 1 minute.
- Return pork to pan and add the soy sauce rum mixture and cook quickly until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in walnuts and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Serve with rice.