Crab Custard Casserole
|1 lb of jumbo lump crab meat|
|2 tbs melted butter|
|4 slices of good quality white bread, crusts removed|
|1 cup grated white cheddar cheese|
|1/2 small onion, minced|
|2 tbs minced parsley|
|3 cups half and half|
|4 eggs well beaten|
|dash of kosher salt|
|dash of white pepper|
|1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce|
|1 tsp paprika|
This is home cooking at it’s best. Jumbo lump crab meat is married with white cheddar in a creamy casserole.
- Pick over crab meat and remove and shell or cartilage.
- Melt butter and pour into a medium baking dish.
- Cut crusts from bread and place bread in a single layer in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Arrange crab meat over top of bread and sprinkle with cheese, onion and parsley.
- In a bowl combine the half and half, eggs, Worcestershire sauce and white pepper and pour over the crab casserole.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Add casserole to a larger baking pan with 1 inch of water and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 30 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.