Creole Shrimp Stew
|2 tbs canola oil|
|1 lb of medium shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|2 tbs flour|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 28 oz can whole tomatoes with juice, chopped|
|1 16 oz can cream style corn|
|1/2 cup celery, chopped|
|1 cup water|
|1 bay leaf|
|1 tbs chopped parsley|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This a delicious spicy shrimp stew.
- Heat oil in a large pot and gradually stir in the flour.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until chocolate brown in color. (this is the roux)
- Add the onions, garlic and celery and cook until soft.
- Pour tomatoes, corn and water into pot.
- Add bay leaf and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer at least 1 hour, adding water if the sauce becomes too thick.
- Add the shrimp and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with rice.