Grilled Salsa Steak Appetizer
|2 beef shoulder top blade (flat iron steaks) about 1/2 lb each|
|1 cup of thick and chunky salsa, divided|
|2 tbs fresh cilantro|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|24 large tortilla chips|
|1/2 cup guacamole|
|fresh cilantro leaves for garnish|
|zest of 1 lemon for garnish|
This is a perfect appetizer using beef and ingredients with a Mexican twist.
- Place beef steaks and 1/2 cup salsa and garlic in a resealable plastic bag and turn steaks to coat.
- Close bag and place bag in refrigerator for 1 hour to marinate.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup of salsa and chopped cilantro.
- Remove steaks from marinade. Discard marinade.
- Place steaks on charcoal grill. Grill covered for 10 to 14 minutes, depending on desired degree of doneness. Turn steaks once.
- Carve steaks into slices, then cut into bite sized pieces.
- Arrange chips on platter and top each chip with reserved salsa mixture, beef and guacamole.
- Garnish with cilantro leaf and lemon zest.