Grilled Salsa Steak Appetizer
- 2 beef shoulder top blade (flat iron steaks) about 1/2 lb each
- 1 cup of thick and chunky salsa, divided
- 2 tbs fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 24 large tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- zest of 1 lemon for garnish
This is a perfect appetizer using beef and ingredients with a Mexican twist.
- Place beef steaks and 1/2 cup salsa and garlic in a resealable plastic bag and turn steaks to coat.
- Close bag and place bag in refrigerator for 1 hour to marinate.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup of salsa and chopped cilantro.
- Remove steaks from marinade. Discard marinade.
- Place steaks on charcoal grill. Grill covered for 10 to 14 minutes, depending on desired degree of doneness. Turn steaks once.
- Carve steaks into slices, then cut into bite sized pieces.
- Arrange chips on platter and top each chip with reserved salsa mixture, beef and guacamole.
- Garnish with cilantro leaf and lemon zest.