Mashed Potato Stuffing
|10 medium baking potatoes (about 3 lbs)|
|1 tbs kosher salt|
|1/2 cup butter|
|1 cup onion, chopped|
|1/2 cup celery, chopped|
|4 cups dried bread crumbs|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|1 tsp dried sage|
|1 tsp dried thyme|
|1 tsp dried rosemary|
|1 tsp garlic powder|
|3 eggs beaten|
This is a unique recipe that combines mashed potatoes with a stuffing mixture. You may use it as a stuffing or cook it separately. Enough to stuff a 16 lb turkey.
- Peel potatoes and cut into quarters.
- Boil in salted water until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain and return to sauce pan using low heat, to evaporate excess water. About 5 minutes
- Mash with a potato masher or use a potato ricer until smooth.
- Add butter to a hot saute pan and saute onions and celery for about 5 minutes until tender.
- Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Add mashed potatoes to onion and celery mixture, along with bread crumbs, salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme and sage.
- Mix well.
- Beat the eggs and add to the potato mixture, and mix.
- Use as a stuffing or cook in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.