Mashed Potato Stuffing
- 10 medium baking potatoes (about 3 lbs)
- 1 tbs kosher salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 4 cups dried bread crumbs
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 eggs beaten
This is a unique recipe that combines mashed potatoes with a stuffing mixture. You may use it as a stuffing or cook it separately. Enough to stuff a 16 lb turkey.
- Peel potatoes and cut into quarters.
- Boil in salted water until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain and return to sauce pan using low heat, to evaporate excess water. About 5 minutes
- Mash with a potato masher or use a potato ricer until smooth.
- Add butter to a hot saute pan and saute onions and celery for about 5 minutes until tender.
- Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Add mashed potatoes to onion and celery mixture, along with bread crumbs, salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme and sage.
- Mix well.
- Beat the eggs and add to the potato mixture, and mix.
- Use as a stuffing or cook in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.