New England Style Fried Clams
- 1 and 1/2 lbs of clam strips (Ipswich bellies)
- 1 cup of unsweetened condensed milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups of corn flour
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- Canola oil for deep frying
These delicious crispy fried clam strips are hard to stop eating.
- Add the flour to corn meal and mix well.
- Add the eggs to the condensed milk and beat until well combined.
- Soak the clams in the condensed milk mixture for about 5 minutes.
- Remove clams from milk and let drain.
- Add the clams to the flour mixture and cover clams completely.
- Add the clams to a wire mesh strainer and shake off the excess flour.
- Add the clams to already heated oil and deep fry for about 3 minutes at 360 degrees until crispy and golden.