New England Style Fried Clams
|1 and 1/2 lbs of clam strips (Ipswich bellies)|
|1 cup of unsweetened condensed milk|
|3 large eggs|
|1 and 1/2 cups of corn flour|
|1/2 cup of all purpose flour|
|Canola oil for deep frying|
These delicious crispy fried clam strips are hard to stop eating.
- Add the flour to corn meal and mix well.
- Add the eggs to the condensed milk and beat until well combined.
- Soak the clams in the condensed milk mixture for about 5 minutes.
- Remove clams from milk and let drain.
- Add the clams to the flour mixture and cover clams completely.
- Add the clams to a wire mesh strainer and shake off the excess flour.
- Add the clams to already heated oil and deep fry for about 3 minutes at 360 degrees until crispy and golden.