Pasta with Ricotta and Tomato Sauce
|1 lb of rigatoni pasta|
|1 small container of ricotta cheese|
|1 and 1/2 cups of marinara sauce (bottled or home made)|
|1 tsp unsalted butter|
|1 tbs heavy cream|
|1/4 cup of basil, chopped|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
The ricotta cheese combined with the tomato sauce gives this dish an extraordinary flavor.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Al dente.
- Combine the butter cream and tomato sauce in a large saute pan.
- Stir in the ricotta, mix sauce well. Cook for several minutes using low heat.
- Add the pasta and combine with the sauce. Simmer for about 1 minute.
- Just before serving add the Parmesan and basil.
- Taste for seasoning then serve.
- Garnish with additional basil.