Provincial Style Tomatoes
|3 large ripe tomatoes|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|3 scallions minced|
|1 shallot, minced|
|4 tbs parsley, minced|
|1 tsp thyme|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs|
|chopped scallions for garnish ( green and whie parts)|
Use ripe tomatoes for this wonderful dish.
- Cut tomatoes in half crosswise.
- Gently press our the juice and seeds.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Blend remaining ingredients and spread evenly on the tomatoes.
- Place the tomatoes in a roasting pan and bake in a 400 degree preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and the tomatoes are tender.
- Garnish with parsley and scallions.