Provincial Style Tomatoes
- 3 large ripe tomatoes
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 scallions minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 4 tbs parsley, minced
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- chopped scallions for garnish ( green and whie parts)
Use ripe tomatoes for this wonderful dish.
- Cut tomatoes in half crosswise.
- Gently press our the juice and seeds.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Blend remaining ingredients and spread evenly on the tomatoes.
- Place the tomatoes in a roasting pan and bake in a 400 degree preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and the tomatoes are tender.
- Garnish with parsley and scallions.