Red Pepper Soup
|4 large red bell peppers|
|4 small onions thinly sliced|
|6 tbs unsalted butter|
|1/2 potato,peeled and grated|
|2 and 1/2 cups chicken stock|
|1/2 cup heavy cream|
|2 tbs fresh lemon juice|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 tbs of fresh dill, chopped|
This is a wonderful starter.
- Steam or roast the peppers until the skin peels away easily.
- Peel and finely chopped.
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan and add the peppers and onions.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add potato and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a blender or food processor and puree in batches.
- Return to pan and add cream, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Serve soup hot or cold and garnish with fresh dill.