Smoked Turkey Salad
- 1 lb of smoked turkey, diced
- 1 cup wild rice
- 3 cups chicken stock(store brought or homemade)
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 10 ozs of sun dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained and diced
- 3/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
This is a wonderful salad with smoked turkey, wild rice and avocado.
- Add wild rice and chicken stock to a large sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes until all liquid has be absorbed and rice is tender.
- Transfer rice to a bowl and let cool.
- Cut and peel avocado and cut into dice. Squeeze lemon juice over avocado.
- Add avocado to the rice along with the parsley, onion,wild rice, sun dried tomatoes and smoked turkey.
- In a bowl mix the olive oil and red wine vinegar. Mix well.
- Pour dressing over salad.
- Season the salad with salt and pepper and gently mix well.
- Taste for seasoning then serve.