Smoked Turkey Salad
|1 lb of smoked turkey, diced|
|1 cup wild rice|
|3 cups chicken stock(store brought or homemade)|
|2 avocados, peeled and diced|
|1 tbs lemon juice|
|10 ozs of sun dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained and diced|
|3/4 cup onion, diced|
|1/4 cup red wine vinegar|
|1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1/4 cup chopped parsley|
This is a wonderful salad with smoked turkey, wild rice and avocado.
- Add wild rice and chicken stock to a large sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes until all liquid has be absorbed and rice is tender.
- Transfer rice to a bowl and let cool.
- Cut and peel avocado and cut into dice. Squeeze lemon juice over avocado.
- Add avocado to the rice along with the parsley, onion,wild rice, sun dried tomatoes and smoked turkey.
- In a bowl mix the olive oil and red wine vinegar. Mix well.
- Pour dressing over salad.
- Season the salad with salt and pepper and gently mix well.
- Taste for seasoning then serve.