South Carolina Country Captain
|1 (4 lb) chicken cut into pieces|
|3/4 cup butter|
|1 large onion, chopped|
|1 large green pepper, chopped|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|1 (8oz) can of tomatoes|
|1 cup fresh parsley,chopped|
|2 tsp vinegar|
|1 tbs Worcestershire sauce|
|1 tbs paprika|
|1 tsp curry powder|
|1 tsp thyme|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper|
|1/4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced|
|1 cup cranberries|
|1/4 cup flour|
|1/2 cup almonds,slivered|
- Bake chicken until tender.
- Cool and remove skin and bones and cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- In a large saute onion, pepper and garlic in butter until soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Add the chicken pieces and saute using medium heat for another 5 minutes
- Transfer to a casserole dish and cover.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour.