|3 packages of frozen chopped spinach|
|4 scallions, chopped|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|3 eggs slightly beaten|
|1/4 cup chopped parsley|
|2 cups cottage cheese|
|4 oz feta cheese, crumbled|
|1/2 cup Parmesan cheese|
|1 tbs oregano|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste|
|1 cup butter, melted|
|1 package if frozen phyllo dough,thawed|
This is delicious savory Greek pastry.
- Cook spinach according to package directions. Don’t use salt.
- Drain and squeeze dry.
- Cook scallions in oil until soft.
- Add to spinach.
- Combine spinach mixture with eggs, parsley, cheeses and seasonings.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Lightly butter bottom and sides of a 9x12x2 baking pan.
- Cut phyllo sheets in half crosswise and trim to fit pan. Be careful as the phyllo sheets are very delicate and tear easily.
- Layer half of the phyllo sheets 1 at a time in the pan brushing each sheet lightly with melted butter.
- Brush top layer with butter and Score the dough into serving size pieces with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.