- 3 packages of frozen chopped spinach
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 eggs slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbs oregano
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 package if frozen phyllo dough,thawed
This is delicious savory Greek pastry.
- Cook spinach according to package directions. Don’t use salt.
- Drain and squeeze dry.
- Cook scallions in oil until soft.
- Add to spinach.
- Combine spinach mixture with eggs, parsley, cheeses and seasonings.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Lightly butter bottom and sides of a 9x12x2 baking pan.
- Cut phyllo sheets in half crosswise and trim to fit pan. Be careful as the phyllo sheets are very delicate and tear easily.
- Layer half of the phyllo sheets 1 at a time in the pan brushing each sheet lightly with melted butter.
- Brush top layer with butter and Score the dough into serving size pieces with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.